About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Northern nosh

I am watching Jamie Oliver's programme about how kids in Rotherham are eating so poorly that it beggars belief. In a typically middle-class way I am tutting appropriately as I learn that little Kylie has never eaten anything other than a kebab, that Donna spends all her benefits money on ciggies and chocolate and that Chardonnay can't recognise boiling water.

And then I realise that for the last three evenings this has been my evening meal:

Sunday - takeaway pizza
Monday - reheated takeaway pizza, followed by chocolate hobnobs
Tuesday - microwaved pasta

Hmm. Probably ought to put that middle-class smugness on hold for the time being. Though I went to playgroup in Rotherham, so perhaps it's just my genes reverting to type.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nothing changes: when you were 6 your favourite meal was chicken nuggets
and 'monster men pizzas' too (I think they were called)
You never ate your veg ,though you did eat satsumas and grapes

Anonymous said...

I think they were 'Monster Foot' pizzas - nasty garishly-coloured things!

RSN

Laura said...

Oi - this isn't a public forum for my parents to embarrass me you know.

Damnit, it is.

:o(

L x

PS Yes they were Monster Foot pizzas. And they were lovely.