About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, March 23, 2009

Fry up

So, you're hosting a dinner party, and you can invite any six guests you want. Anyone at all. But they have to be living. The reason for this rule is mostly health and safety (corpses in the kitchen is a definite no-no), but also dead people are less entertaining, generally. So, they have to be living. But that is the only rule.

So - my list:

Stephen Fry
Josie Lawrence (who will become my best friend one day - she just doesn't know it yet)
Emma Thompson (though I would sit her away from Stephen Fry so they don't just luvvie it up all night)
Boris Johnson - just to watch him interact with Mr Fry
Steven Moffat
Victoria Wood.

And, playing this game with Mr and Mrs Nunn yesterday, I learned something. The first rule of this game is you must have Stephen Fry at your fantasy dinner party. It's like a rule. I don't know anyone in the world who wouldn't have Stephen Fry. Why would you have anyone else?

I wonder if his Twitter account is just overloaded with invites to dinner parties.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just as long as you shake Josie by the shoulders until she agrees not to do bloody Eastenders. Thompson and Sir Fry were a bit sickening on Qi - wouldn' have 'em together, although I would invite the Fryster on his own. He's mandatory, much like the Compete Works of Shakespeare on Desert Island Discs.

Scribbles

Laura said...

Eastenders? What what? I don't watch the programme, but surely Ms Lawrence has something Shakespearean to do somewhere other than Walford?

Anonymous said...

She's going to play yet another of Phil Mitchell's unbelievable number of exes.

My husband admitted to me yesterday that the night before he'd had a dreadwhere he was chatting Josie while trying to ward her off Enders. Cheeky boy!