About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, March 27, 2009

Pet worry

It is a good job I don't have children. I think I'd be a worrier. I know this mostly because of the way I am towards the kitten. So far I have tried to convince TheBloke (TM) to take Monty to the vet six times:

  1. A nasty sounding rasping sound in his chest. (Purring, apparently)
  2. A large, hard lump under his fur. (Ribs, apparently)
  3. Bright red poo. (Post Office elastic band swallowed, apparently)
  4. Making a clip-clop sound when he walks. (Cat litter stuck to foot, apparently)
  5. Little pimply thing on his chest. (A nipple, apparently)
  6. Having a bright red bump near his anus. (His penis, apparently)

Yes, it's apparent that perhaps a career as a vet would never have been my best option. But just think how much worse it would be if Monty was a kid. Think of all the NHS time I would waste!

Though admittedly I would hope most of these wouldn't apply to children. Except maybe the elastic band. All kids eat elastic, don't they?

Maybe I should steer clear of children for the near future. Just in case.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Is it ok that I started reading your "apparently"'s in my head, just like Susan on Coupling would say it?

Laura said...

No, that's fine. I quite like Susan in Coupling, so all's good.

L x