About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Nailed it

I had one of "those" meetings at work. You know the ones. For whatever reason, you find yourself on the back foot, defending your projects' merits, and trying to prove to a challenging bunch of stakeholders* that you are a competent, worthwhile individual.

I was doing really, really well. I was eloquent and articulate. I mentioned targets, project planning and process mapping in one sentence... until I broke off. Stream of consciousness unfortunately took over:

"Ooh look, I forgot to paint just one of my nails last night. Look at that! I can't even count to ten. How stupid am I?"

Do not ask me for career advice .

* Or whatever description you may choose to give them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog today! Thats how I mostly feel at business meetings.