About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Class Zzz drugs

Ladies and gentlemen, I have discovered a powerful secret. It may be the most powerful secret known to man (and woman). It may be even more powerful than the secret of why you can walk on custard and not on hummous.

I have realised - are you ready for this? - that the more sleep you have, the less tired you feel the next day.

I know this is controversial. I know this is shocking, but I have irrevocable proof. Last night, knackered beyond my little brain's belief, I went to sleep at about 9.30 p.m. And I woke up with my alarm at 7.30 a.m. I had ten hours' sleep.

Today I woke up feeling more full of beans than a five year-old who's had too much tartrazine. I accomplished things at work. I ran a play rehearsal. I came home with enough energy to Plog. And I'm embracing the thought of doing it all again tomorrow.

Sleep is like a drug that's free! Though, like drugs, I worry that it may become addictive and that I will start craving longer and longer fixes, eventually slipping into a coma in mid-2009. Sometimes I worry that I think too much.

Right, off to do some tidying / DIY / writing / catching up with friends / possibly a marathon. Well, maybe not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you come to Edinburgh for the festival I'm going to pinch you until 2am each night. Otherwise I'll have to deal with your ADD (or whatever it's called these days) that becomes unmasked when you've slept enough. Shudder.

Nice Kate (alarmed) x

Anonymous said...

My name is Erica.

And I am a sleepoholic.