About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lacking direction

"Are we going the right way?" asked TheBloke (TM), as we ambled through Lakeside.

"Yes," replied I.

"But your sense of direction is rubbish," said TheBloke (TM) quite fairly, as my sense of direction is indeed dire. Last weekend I got Africa mixed up with South America and until yesterday I thought Cambodia was just south of Mexico.

"Aha," said I. "But I am dead good with shops. I navigate by shops. We are definitely going the right way."

We weren't.

A few minutes later, I said, "I think we're going the wrong way."

"I know," said TheBloke (TM). He wanted to wait and see how long it took me to notice. He didn't even gloat that much. In his position I would have been gloating much more.

Of course, had I quite literally been in his position, I would have been disorientated at the change of direction and ended up back outside the Early Learning Centre again.

It is hard being me.

No comments: