About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Rudyard to fit it all in

I have been cramming every second of every day full of fun stuff. I have been filling the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Hence, I claim the world, and everything that's in it. And, what is more, I appear to be a man, my son. Oh bugger.

Seriously, though, I have been busy, busy, busy recently. Work is somewhere between manic and "are you fucking joking?", and the social life is good too. Went to see the new Harry Potter on Friday evening. There were some slightly dodgy lines... "Put your wand away, Harry", "We'll get Hermione's box for you" and so on. But this merely added to my amusement.

I remember the summer that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix came out. It was the first release for which there was mass hysteria, and I remember it arriving through my letterbox on the day I was moving house from Dalston to Bethnal Green. The weather was glorious and I was determined to take advantage of it, so instead of unpacking my multidudinous boxes, I sat in the park and read Harry Potter.

Thing is, that summer was so great, weather-wise, it took me about seven weeks to unpack. Hmm. I miss 2003.

What else have I been doing? Went for a walk with a friend and his dog yesterday, and for once it didn't rain. We ate an unfeasibly large amount of cake. Since then, I've been entertaining the parents... dinner and the theatre last night, and today they're doing a sponsored walk in Hannah's memory. (My own fundraising site is still up at www.justgiving.com/laurasplogforhannah - massive thanks to all those of you who have already donated.)

Not sure when I'm planning on sleeping as I have a paid gig tonight, followed by a very, very busy working week. And I worry I'm getting a cold.

Tis a tricky thing, being me.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Being busy is so great!!! I also had a fun packed weekend. Still glorious weather over here in Philly :)

We're still young darling... we have to burn the candle at both ends while we still can!!!