About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, July 02, 2007

Hosepipe ban

OK, you can stop with the rain now. Seriously. It's getting a bit stupid. June started well. "Lovely," I thought. "Spiffing." Then the rain set in. "Never mind," I thought. "The ground could do with a bit of water."

I find rain divides people along a socio-economic scale. Those in nice houses give revolting platitudes like, "Oooh, the garden needs it." Those of us in flats tend to go for, "Fucking rain."

But next it kept raining. Then it rained a bit. Then it rained some more. Then it was rainy. Today it's raining.

And now it's July. And it's just not funny anymore. I am a summer person. I love summer. But it doesn't really count as summer if you have to swim out of the second storey of your building.

In the meantime, apparently Southern Europe is having a heatwave. Typical. Fucking rain.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Come back over here! We're having some lovely weather in Philly! Not that I'm trying to rub it in :) We pay our dues Jan-Mar when it snows several feet at a time!