About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Busy body

This has been a Very Busy Week. It feels like it should be Friday. In fact, it feels like it should be next Friday. That is how busy my week has been.

On Monday I was in Edinburgh (yes, OK, perhaps I am never in the office. Get over it.). It was a fun day - but long, as I was up at 4.30 for an early flight, didn't get home until 9 p.m., and then had to sort out some work files. Still, I got to see Nice Kate and remind her that even if my parents did like her when they met her, no-one else does.

Mr and Mrs Nunn have been unbearable since getting back from holiday. To recap, they went on an all-inclusive, week-long package holiday to Tunisia. Here are some snippets of actually conversation from the parental unit:

"Oh, Mrs Nunn and I can't get used to this awful English weather. It's so different in Africa."

"We can't believe it's snowing. It's a bit of a shock to our system after Africa."

"Of course, cuturally it's very different."

No, it isn't. You were in a four star all-inclusive hotel. For a week. This does not a colonial make. (Though amusing photos of Mr Nunn have appeared on Facebook, where he does appear to be dressed as a 19th century empire builder. Bet that went down really well.)

Other things this week... I've been on a training course. I've done yet more Myers-Briggs. For anyone interested, I'm an ISTJ, and getting more and more extreme on my scores every time I do the test. Essentially this means, personality-wise and scientifically speaking, I'm better than you. ISTJs are punctual, reliable, thorough, direct, clear-cut, concise and structured. We are detailed people and hate big picture painters who can't be clear about exactly what they want. And people who are more than ten minutes late deserve to die. (See what I mean about the extreme thing?)

I was back in the office today for the first time in a week (OK, OK) and had more emails to deal with than you could shake a small ferret at.

I think I might be rambling. I am tired. It has been a busy week.

No comments: