About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, April 07, 2008

Winter wonderland

I braved the wintery weather to take an early lunch today. And to buy hot chocolate. Yes, it was that cold.

Stepping out of the lift into Reception on my way to lunch, I caught a very peculiar scent. Sweet, it reminded me of something. Some confectionery I didn't much like. Then it suddenly clicked. Our Reception smelled strongly of Turkish Delight.

Well, this was ridiculous. Why would a corporate building smell of Turkish Delight? (Sidenote, it's called Cyprus Delight if you're in Cyprus. They don't much like the Turks, and claim to have invented it first.)

Then suddenly it all became clear. Of course the place should smell of Turkish Delight. Because, having recently admitted defeat in Narnia, the White Queen has obviously been in the location touting for more business, and has created permanent fucking winter.

Explains a lot.

No comments: