About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Medicine woman

I have antibiotics. I was only allowed antibiotics when I was a child if I was Very Ill Indeed. This wasn't for any medical reason, more that antibiotics turn me into a complete psycho cow. (Pause whilst you all simultaneously wonder if I take them every day.) Dad said even the banana flavoured kiddy medicine used to turn me into a nightmare. I'm not surprised. I fucking hate bananas.

I can't actually remember the last time I took antibiotics. Certainly not since I went to uni. Maybe not even at secondary school. I discovered today there is very good cause for this:

  • When my taxi driver didn't hear me, I tapped on his window twice and shouted at him
  • He was holding a cigar in the cab. Not smoking it, but holding it. I took exception to this and told him so
  • Top Gear made me cry
  • I visualised smacking the Chinese takeaway delivery man in the face for absolutely no good reason other than it wasn't terribly convenient at that particular moment to answer the doorbell.

Hey ho, two more days to go. And I'm running a course, so I get to inflict my bad mood on fourteen enthusiastic delegates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Top Gear' made you cry? Was it their haircuts?

Anonymous said...

What are you taking Antibiotics for?
.....Nosey Hazel....