About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Go go go

TheBloke (TM) took me to see Joseph on Friday. I think I managed to hide the fact from him that I'm a little bit in love with Lee Mead. Especially in a loincloth. Though a few of TheBloke (TM)'s comments, querying Mr Mead's sexuality and saying that he didn't think his voice was all that great perhaps did indicate a certain amount of jealousy. I'm not sure.

I really enjoyed the show, though there were some slightly odd moments (inexplicable French accents for just one scene, Joseph - chucked into a pit - playing with a sock puppet, and an unusual choice of a replica London Eye passing by). There were also some stupendously terrible lyrics:

"Potiphar was cool and so fine (Potiphar)But my wife would never toe the line (Narrator). It's all there in chapter thirty-nine. Of Genesis."

and this year's best example of litotes:

"Poor, poor Joseph, locked up in a cell. Things ain't going well, hey, locked up in a cell."

Still, it was a fun evening, with a suprisingly moving ending. TheBloke (TM) said he could feel himself getting gayer by the second, and I think by the time of the curtain call, he might have fought me over Lee Mead. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: