About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, August 10, 2008

From Christchurch, with love

What a lovely few days.

On Thursday, the London gang (plus honorary guest, Hazel) met up for dinner to celebrate Kath's birthday. There was gossip, there was Champagne, there was simultaneous celebration and giggling. All was excellent.

I didn't Plog about this at the time. I apologise. And when Erica and I went to pick Hazel up on Saturday evening for dinner in Loughborough, I was rebuked by Hazel's Mum - a Plogger - who had wanted to know all of the details, and fully expected a Plog about it. So I apologise.

Then Hazel's Mum and I got into a rather surprising conversation about knitted wombs. Hazel's Mum wished she'd had a knitted womb. Apparently Hazel turned round during birth and made things a bit more complicated than they needed to be. A knitted womb might have made things clearer somehow. (I wasn't exactly sure how.)

Hazel is a dear, dear friend, and I would trust her with my life. Unless the "life" thing involved any type of sense of direction. Let me be clear here. My sense of direction is shocking. Without my trusty sat-nav, Jessica, I can barely find my way to Sainsbury's. But Hazel makes me look like Ranulph Fiennes. She can literally get confused and disorientated in a square room with one door, bless her.

So it did make me giggle to realise that this isn't a new thing. Hazel is the only person I know who actually got lost and tried to go the wrong way during her own birth.

No wonder she lives in New Zealand. She was probably aiming for Edinburgh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Laura for the plog.

I was hoping for a photo of the party.

Let me explain, Hazel did not get lost during delivery, she was just nosey and decided to turn round and look me in the face rather than be born face down. You will not be surprised to know she was actually four days late too.

Great to see you and Erica at the weekend.

Hazel's Mum

AH NZ Adventure said...

Laura - I thought you courteously gave everyone alternative names on your plog! Why have I been excused this courtesy???

Hazel's Mum's daughter

p.s. I finally made it to Edinburgh! It took 28 years, but I found it! :o)