About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, August 11, 2008

Apple of my eye

So a weekend in Loughborough, leaving TheBloke (TM) in London. I'll be honest, on my return I expected mayhem. Or at the very least, a bit of untidyness. I also knew he'd spent all day at the cricket on Sunday, and alcohol was likely to have made an appearance. It was with a certain amount of trepidation I let myself into the flat.

So it was a pleasant surprise indeed to find that not only was the flat in a tidy and shipshape state, but he had folded all the laundry and the bathroom smelled pleasingly of apple-scented detergent. It reminded me of Boots' Natural Collection Green Apple Shower Gel I used as a teenager. This was very impressive indeed, as, even though the cleaner had been earlier in the week, TheBloke (TM) had clearly made the effort and bought some special cleaning fluid. I know that I don't own any apple-scented detergent at all.

On seeing TheBloke (TM), I said, "Mmm, the bathroom smells lovely. All apple-y."

"Yes," he slurred. "I've been drinking cider all day and I've just been sick."

Brilliant.

No comments: