About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Unsporting

Every morning whilst I'm getting dressed, I watch BBC News. They tell me news in an important tone of voice that suggests that if I miss it, I will somehow be stupider than my colleagues. All the news is delivered with the tone of Extreme Importance.

Yet suddenly, all news has stopped. Just stopped. Totally stopped. And instead my TV is showing pictures of people running in circles, dive-bombing swimming pools and jumping into sandpits. What the fuck? Is there genuinely no news at all during this month? Or are, perhaps, the BBC News reporters over-egging their pudding for the rest of the year?

Some ugly women lost some rowing race at the weekend, and were comforted by someone called Steve Something who had won several Gold Medals for sitting in a boat. The commentator said - and I quote - "There is nothing in the world more moving than seeing these women be comforted by Steve Something." Nothing? Really? Children with cancer? Little puppies being slaughtered? No. Apparently there is nothing more moving than ugly women crying, being rubbishly consoled by a pervy older man.

No more Olympics please. It's really boring.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Sir Steve Something actually...

Anonymous said...

Breakfast is on BBC news (news 24) as opposed to Olympic breakfast on BBC one. It still covers all the 'medalling' though.

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura.

From your 2 friends who actually went half way across the world to watch the 'ugly women' (some of whom we know) and screamed our heads off to try and get them over the line first.

Shame on you!!

Laura said...

Shame on you for associating with ugly people!

;o)

L x

Anonymous said...

You're right. We have removed you from our phones and email contacts.

;-)