About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, December 29, 2008

Cat-echism

I promise I will stop the cat posts soon. I realise I may start coming across as a crazy cat lady. And eighty years from now (optimism) you'll find my skeleton, flesh chewed off by the beasts I've fed for the best part of the last century.

But for now, things I have learned in the last 48 hours of being a cat owner:

1. There is nothing, nothing in the world more fun for her than a rolled up ball of silver paper.

2. Curtains were meant to be climbed. Deal with it.

3. Any attempts to nurse a rose plant to health will be fruitless because the cat will eat it.

4. Human food is yummier than cat food. This is still the case if you're a cat. She has a weird fondness for Cheesy Wotsits (who wouldn't?) which I'm not entirely sure I should be feeding her.
5. Cuddles are emotional blackmail for food. All cuddles are withdrawn once food is provided. This works for TheBloke (TM) too.

6. The toys bought for the cat are boring. BORING! However, clawing the cardboard box the toys came in is more fun than you can shake a stick at.

7. Cats are deaf when you call them. Unless you happen to be holding food at the time.

8. When she falls off the sofa or windowsill (regularly), that was meant to happen.

9. Cat claws are sharp.

10. There is nothing, nothing more fun for me than dangling a rolled up ball of silver paper over TheBloke (TM)'s private parts. See number 9.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try her on a fusilli pasta twist rolled across a hard floor - delightful rattle and fun to chase.

The other really fun cheap toy we found is the plastic-covered metal twist that is used to seal freezer bags - used to keep our cats occupied for hours, particularly if thrown. Great for pouncing on, as they bend in all sort of directions.