About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Iron will

I rarely see my cleaner. I'm usually at work when she comes to do the housework and my ironing, and the communication we have is usually by text message or notes left at the flat. My cleaner is Polish. When she first came for an interview, she looked at the flat, wandered round and said (best Eastern European accent please), "Ees very dirty. Very dirty. Eet need four hour this week, then two every week. Ees dirty. You give keys now." It wasn't so much as an interview as a lecture.

Anyway, other than occasionally being chastised for dirtiness, she's lovely, though I really don't see her very often at all. However, TheBloke (TM) was home this week whilst she was cleaning.

"I have something you must to tell Laura," said Katrina the Cleaner.

"OK," said TheBloke (TM), assuming she wanted to discuss Christmas dates.

"You know Laura white shirt?" she pointed at the offending article. "I no iron this again. Ees too old. You tell Laura this is last time I iron white shirt."

Fashion advice from my cleaner. And a great excuse to go shopping.

No comments: