About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

Happy New Year to all Ploggers! I realise this is statistically unlikely. Whilst I can sincerely hope all readers have a fantastic new year, it's improbable that all of you do. For some of you, maybe for me, this might be the best year ever, the year in which all dreams come true. For some of us though, some of us will have a shockingly awful year. Most of us will probably have a middling year. But "Middling New Year" doesn't have the ring to it that the traditional greeting does. So I wish that 2009 is happy for you, but understand fully if it's only just OK.

Well, party animal that I am, I had a small glass of chocolate orange liqueur last night and stayed up past midnight, watching the TV fireworks that we could sort of see in the distance anyway. We also had to keep the cat calm. The cat, by the way, is definitely called Phoebe now. Except for when she steals my earplugs, drinks from my glass or trips me up. Then she's called, "You bastard ball of fluff!"

After almost two weeks off work, it's back to the office for me tomorrow. I can't remember when I last went outside, but I'm not entirely sure I'll like it. It looks a bit nippy out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too.

I know I'm a bit late but - wow, you actually did it. I like the name Phoebe but you could name the cat after someone....like my fish that was called Laura :o)

Hazel x