About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Farcical

The stress dreams have started. I'm directing a play at the moment - a farce - and - whilst the cast is superb from an acting perspective - generally lines are somewhat lacking. I suppose I shouldn't be too worried - if the worst comes to the very worst, it's technically not going to be me standing on the stage, looking like a tit. But still, the stress dreams have started.

Last night:

I am standing on the stage, standing in for three characters, all of whom missed the bus to the performance. I don't have a costume so am in a yellow leotard. Yellow doesn't suit me. I don't know any lines.

Halfway through, I decide I'm not really enjoying this, excuse myself from the performance and go and have lunch with an ex-colleague who has since emigrated. Given the weather, I think he probably had the right idea.

It may come together yet. Drop me an email if you fancy coming to the production and I'll give you some more details about it. Probably whilst hyperventilating slightly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you like me to be prompt? In every sense of the word? ;o)
Hazel

Laura said...

I would love you to reprise your role as prompt!

And if you could be on time, that would be even better.

We're rehearsing Tuesdays and Thursdays... so by the time your plane lands in NZ after the Tuesday rehearsal, it'll probably be time for you to turn around for Thursday's one. Hope this suits you.

L x

Sara said...

Don't worry Laura... I've done a lot of shows, and directed quite a few plays too... however crap the rehearsals seem to be going, everything pulls together at the end!

I used to get the director stress dreams too, haha, I feel your pain.
One play I directed, a cast member dropped out part way through rehearsals, so I DID have to take over the role!