About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, September 07, 2007

Cab-tivated

The year, 1997, the location, my parents' house in Loughborough, the time, approximately 2 a.m.

The phone rings. A bleary-eyed Mr Nunn answers.

"Hello?"

A very drunk man at the other end of the phone slurs, "Can I have a taxi at Pulse nightclub please?"

"Sorry," a polite but firm Mr Nunn replies. "I think you have the wrong number." Mr Nunn hangs up.

Five minutes later, the phone rings again, "Can I have a cab at Pulse?"

"I'm sorry," Mr Nunn says more insistently, "but you have the wrong number." He hangs up again.

The phone rings straight away. An irate Mr Nunn answers.

"Hello?"

It is the same man. "Can I order a taxi please?"

"Look, this isn't a taxi firm. We don't have any taxis!"

There is a pause. The drunk man has infallible logic: "Well, why did you answer the phone then?"

Mr Nunn is stumped.

In other news... Thank you to everyone who's donated to my appeal to raise money for Cardiac Risk in the Young. We've so far raised £285, which is fantastic. The page closes in about a week, and I'd really like to get that total up to £300. I know a lot of you have already donated, but I also know there are a lot of people who read the Plog regularly who've not yet made a donation. Of course it isn't compulsory, but if you enjoy reading my near-daily ramblings, it would mean a lot to me if you could spare a few quid to support the charity in Hannah's memory.

If you don't wish to identify yourself, it's perfectly possible to donate anonymously via the site, and it's a totally secure way of donating cash. Many thanks in advance - here's the link again.

http://www.justgiving.com/laurasplogforhannah

No comments: