About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Letting go

Today I was a big grown up and am very proud of myself. I love my car. I love my shiny new car. It is shiny and new and less than a year old and I love it lots.

Today at the theatre after work, I really needed to rehearse sound cues as we hadn't been able to do this yesterday. However, the sound cues were sitting on someone's iPod in Bow. Manfully, the iPod owner volunteered to walk fifteen minutes to the tube station, get a tube, get a bus and then do the same return journey. I doubted all this would happen before eight, when I'd promised the cast they could go home.

Can I just remind you I love my shiny car.

I couldn't go and get the sounds myself - as director, I needed to be there to rehearse the cast... also the iPod owner's flatmates might think it a bit strange if I let myself into their property and helped myself to electronic gadgets.

I do love my car by the way.

So, after checking that the iPod owner was a permanent member of staff for the company (and therefore legally covered by my company car insurance), I handed over my keys. This was a difficult moment. I think it's the first time I've let anyone else drive my car at all. It is shiny. It is mine.

I didn't hand over Jessica. I'm not that giving.

Anyway, all was fine (which makes a dull anecdote, but a much nicer end to my day than an exciting anecdote), the sound cues are queued, and the only negative impact was the fact that I couldn't reach my pedals when I got back in the car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have been LOVING your titles for each plog but feel that the effort just was not there for this one...

Sound prompts stress/trust?

:o)

H

Laura said...

Oooh, harsh critic. Good job you can't make it for the play itself!

"The Rosemary Branch theatre tonight was subjected to a farce of the most farcical kind. The director had previously had some success with earlier plays, but I feel the effort was just not there for this one..."

;o)

L x