About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Choose your own Plog

I've lived in London for more than five years now. It feels like my home, and I feel as comfortable as any other Londoner in finding my way round the city. (With the occasional - OK - regular episode of getting lost.) I take it for granted that everyone knows how to use an Oyster Card, or knows where Zone 2 ends, or knows that you have to change at Holborn for the Piccadilly Line. I carry a mini version of the tube map in my head. I know instinctively where you're likely to find a sushi bar or a not-too-busy pub. I know that you're not supposed to say "Blackwall Tunnel" without saying "bloody" beforehand. I can hail black cabs without batting an eyelid. I know which bus to take if the Central Line is down. I can even hold conversations about whether to take the A1 or the North Circular. Sometimes I forget how naive I was when I first moved to London.

So, ever a supporter of interactive Plogs, I will give my dear readers a choice of anecdotes from when I was a brand-new 22/23 year-old Londoner, and odd experiences the anecdotes engendered.

Your choices are:

- The mini cab driver on the way back from School Disco (October 2002). WARNING - involves farts and racism

- The excruciatingly embarrassing smear test (August 2002) WARNING - involves adult themes

- The Hackney dentist story (March 2003) WARNING - involves drug use, racism and adult themes

And on that note... have a smashing weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One vote for the Hackney Dentist please!

Anonymous said...

Cab driver please. I usually read this whilst eating lunch & I don't think I could digest properly if faced with your adult themes.

Thanks for asking anyway - Nice Kate x

Sara said...

it's so difficult to choose... all sound very entertaining... hhhmmm, ok, I'll go with the dentist story... it sounds the most controvertial :)