About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, September 16, 2007

The weak ahead

Today is the calm before the storm. It has been a special kind of calm. I dozed until ten this morning, took a lazy shower, had a bacon sandwich, read some of Ian McEwan's Atonement (thus jumping on the literature bandwagon, but I'm not feeling too bad, as I've also read The Cement Garden, Enduring Love and - brilliantly - Saturday so have previously proved my McEwan credentials). I have lain on my fluffy white floor cushions as September's dying sunlight filters hotly through my windows.

I have taken deep breaths. I have eaten chocolate. I have thought about planning a holiday. I have written my diary and spoken to friends.

I have taken more deep breaths.

Tomorrow sees our technical rehearsal. Tuesday another rehearsal, Wednesday the dress rehearsal. Thursday through Sunday are performances. Monday is reserved mostly for sleeping. Hopefully without stress dreams.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Good Luck with the show stuff this week. In theatre circles - tech week isn't called "hell" week for nothing!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!
H xx

Anonymous said...

Does the director get wished to break a leg, or only the cast? Anyway, you know what I mean. I had a recurring stress dream all of last night. I dreamt - in 5 minutes chunks - that I invited everyone I knew to join some random Facebook application, but it turned out that anyone who signed up to it died a nasty, bloody death. Dreaming that once was dull, but over and over again - what was that all about?
Nice Kate x

Anonymous said...

Yes, good luck! You may also be cheered to know that TV Ark have finally resurrected their Schools pages, including the Dark Towers and Badger Girl clips:
http://www2.tv-ark.org.uk/schools/bbcschoolsprogrammes80s.html

Laura said...

Thanks all for the good wishes. Dress rehearsal tomorrow.. broken leg or no!

Kate - please don't dream about me in the meantime. Also worried that you see "nasty bloody death" as "dull". Not coming round to see you when you're bored next.

L x

Laura said...

PS Dark Towers was written by the same guy who adapted the Ehle/Firth Pride and Prejudice?

Now that is comedy...

L x