About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Pockets of time

The weather is bad. The weather is so bad that on Sunday I deployed my winter coat for a walk in the park with a friend. I may have overestimated the bad-ness a little, as the winter coat was perhaps a bit too heavy for a gentle stroll through the parkland of Bethnal Green, but I digress. This Plog is not about the weather.

I haven't worn my winter coat since - well - the winter. Which this year ended round about May. So the pockets of the coat (I'm not a proper girl - I insist on a coat with useful pockets at all times) contain a veritable treasure trove of forgotten keepsakes which are - quite literally - at least four months old. Thrilling eh? I feel like an archaeologist.

I shouldn't keep you hanging further. A summary of That Which Was Found In My Coat Pockets:

- One of my old business cards with "Jennifer Gosbery" scrawled across it, in my own handwriting. No idea who she is.
- A NatWest receipt for withdrawing £500 in cash. Worryingly I have absolutely no memory of this
- A NatWest receipt for depositing over £1000 by cheque. Again, no recollection of this. Still, it seems I'm winning in the transactional process so far
- A British Airways boarding pass from City Airport to Edinburgh
- One squashed heart-shaped chocolate
- Two tissues (used)
- A receipt from the hairdressers. Presumably in case I wanted to return my hairstyle.
- A British Airways boarding pass from Edinburgh to City Airport
- A Sainsbury's shopping list comprising: potatoes, bacon, butter, cheese, kitchen roll, Mr Muscle Kitchen and Bathroom, eggs, bread and squash. Healthy.
- The tear-off part of a doctor's prescription.
- 7p. In cash, no less.
- A "Refreshing Towel" from BA. My spring / autumn jacket has four of these in the pocket from Air France. See how my loyalties have changed?

4 comments:

Adrianne said...

Hello I found your blog with my newest widget about black boxes.

Laura said...

Hello and welcome to the Plog!

I am liking the box widget. It is all widgety and box-like.

L x

Lady in red said...

another addict here I am afraid

Anonymous said...

Just a reminder to Hazel about her paperclip when she reads this. HBR