About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, September 01, 2008

The younger woman

"I know what happens to people when they get fat," proclaimed Lois, aged four years and two months.

"What's that?" I asked.

"They go on TV. They have to go on Rikki Lake."

"Oh," I said. "Do you think I will get fat and go on TV?" I weigh very slightly over seven stone. I was fairly confident of the answer.

With absolute certainty and gravity, Lois proclaimed, "Yes. You will. Definitely."

Within a four hour visit, Lois spent far more time holding TheBloke (TM)'s hand than I did, and smiled secretly when I asked her if she was trying to steal my boyfriend. And as a final coup de grace, took away the drawings she'd done for me and presented them to TheBloke (TM). "But those are my drawings, Lois - you gave them to me," I protested, feebly.

"I like him better," said Lois. The poor girl clearly has no taste in men. I worry.

1 comment:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I wouldn't worry about her - she'll dump him when she discovers he's a doofus.