About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Comedy, Corsa, Citchen. (Sorry)

Poop. That is the sound of me being pooped. Poop.

So, Jack (the brother) and I went out last night to the best comedy club in London, which is conveniently situated approximately five minutes' walk from my flat http://www.backyardcomedyclub.moonfruit.com/. Anyone who says that's the main reason for me moving to Bethnal Green is being ridiculous. What sort of person moves to an area because there's a good comedy club in the neighbourhood? Hmm? I hadn't been to the club for a little while, actually and we had a fantastic evening. Some of my favourite acts were on the bill - Micky Flanagan and Rhod Gilbert, along with Marcus Birdman, whom I hadn't seen before, but who I liked a lot. Lee was MC-ing, so it was pretty much a guaranteed good night out from the start.

Late-ish night though, followed by an early-ish morning as a man came to measure my kitchen. Anyone who has ever attempted the Herculean task of getting Jack from his bed before about 3 in the afternoon will appreciate Mein Kampf this morning in raising the brother prior to the kitchen guy arriving.

Then, off to Wapping to the Vauxhall garage as the Corsa was recalled because of a possible fault. Then Sainsbury's, then off to Dagenham, with newly-checked Corsa, to choose a brand new kitchen. It is shiny.

I have had an extremely grown-up day.

I am now going to throw some water-bombs at old ladies from my upstairs windows.

I have a gig this evening - haven't done one for ages. Nasty feeling I've completely forgotten my entire set. We shall see. As shall Wimbledon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh, you didn't comment on the state of the traffic on the way to the supermarket, that really would have made for a much more gripping read i think...

http://newsbiscuit.com/article/blogger-worried-he-is-just-talking-to-himself-038

ps id say 12, not 3

BJ

Anonymous said...

Why did poor Jack have to get up before the kitchen man came? I'm sure he wasn't asleep IN the kitchen was he? You always made me sleep in the lounge, I wasn't allowed to sleep in the kitchen (as I like hula hoops) :o)
H xx

Laura said...

Hazel, you weren't allowed to sleep in the kitchen because you'd have got over-excited at the promise of a bacon sandwich, and you wouldn't have been able to sleep.

Jack, on the other hand, is vegetarian, so sleep in the kitchen he must.

L x

Anonymous said...

And just remind us. Who overslept the following day? Jack? Or was it his big sister? I'm not telling but just would like to say
'Pot and kettle'

Laura said...

I did not oversleep. Oversleeping can only happen when you have something to be up for.

I had nothing to be up for, and therefore the fact that I slept until 12.30 is utterly immaterial. Anyway, your cooking is rubbish.

L x