About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Trials and tribulations

Oh ho ho ho. I have man-flu, yes indeed. Of course, not being a man, I did struggle into work today and sneezed over as many colleagues I could find.

I have given up on echinacea. This man-flu is too strong for herbal. We're going paracetamol.

My man-flu is so bad I...

- Missed book club (Kafka's "The Trial" - silly shit, don't bother)
- Got through a whole box of tissues in one afternoon
- Didn't fancy any chocolate

But, I'm running a workshop tomorrow, and I'm out seeing some comedy tomorrow night, so the evil man-flu must be defeated by approximately 10.30 tomorrow morning. Mind over matter.

In the meantime, picture if you will, me sitting on my sofa with a tissue shoved up each nostril. I am nothing if not glamorous and attractive.

I am nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have discovered that colds (including man flu) can be defeated by eating large amounts of chocolate, ice cream, orange juice and anything else you really really like. And then sleep in a jumper. Seriously.

Eat until you can barely move and then wear all your clothes in bed.

Works for me.