About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Going bust

As we all know, Mrs Nunn is a bit... eccentric. However, Mrs Nunn's own mother takes eccentric to entirely new levels. Genetically, I have to admit, it's not looking good for me.

Mrs Nunn told me today that she'd spoken to Grandma on the phone, and had told her I was likely to be abroad with work in Asia in a few weeks. Clearly forgetting I'd already been round the world by myself, and done loads of solo travelling, Grandma dispensed her wisdom:

"Tell her to wear long sleeves. Tell her not to wear a skirt that's too long. Or too short."

Mrs Nunn, stood up for me, "What if she wants to wear trousers?"

Grandma pondered this for a few seconds. "Tell her not to. People might be confused and think she's a man."

Thanks Grandma. So the long blonde highlights and the 32D bust* clearly aren't working for me. Better wear a calf-length skirt. And maybe get my nails done.

* Did I really just reveal my bra size to the internet? Ah well, only Cliff Richard fans read this anyway. I should be safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, such thinly disguised boasting. You're still just two balloons attached to a Pepperami!

(Which admittedly, beats Keira Knightley. Who is an ironing board attached to a big plate.)