About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Indian Embassy: The Empire Strikes Back

And thanks to Mr Nunn for today's Plog title.

I shan't go into detail other than to say I arrived at the Embassy at 6.15 this morning in the dark to approximately 300 people in the queue in front of me. This is not hyperbole. By 7 a.m. there were approximately 400 people in the queue behind me. Confusingly, a lot of them seemed to be Indian.

Highlights included:

  • The Swiss woman who stood too close, kept bumping into me in the (non-moving) queue then followed me around the building. She also forged her partner's signature on the form. (Indian officials: he's Swiss and his surname is Bruno. Couldn't be arsed to dob her in at the time, but she pissed me off sufficiently to name and shame on the Plog.)
  • Getting to queue in three different places for different numbers to hand in at different queues.
  • Handing over thirty quid for a sellotaped bit of paper into my passport.

I went prepared for the weather: pyjama bottoms under my jeans, two pairs of socks, two undershirts, a thin jumper, a thick jumper and a coat. A hat. A scarf. I was still cold.

I only just remembered that I wasn't really dressed for the office and probably ought to go home and get changed first. Still, I am now fully visa-ed up and ready to experience the delights of Delhi. For two fucking days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In view of your recent illness I hope one of the 'delights of Delhi' you do not experience is 'Delhi Belly'.

I hope you have a good trip. Take adequate supplies of Entroocalm or whatever it is called with you. I am sure Katy will be able to advise you.
Hazel's Mum

Anonymous said...

Your language is increasingly appalling.

Please clean up your act young lady.

That is all.

Laura said...

Bollocks - sorry.

L x