About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Balls up

TheBloke (TM) accused me of catching with crocodile hands. He is basing this on one incident, many months ago. Actually, out of the many, many sporting things I do extremely badly, I'm not that terrible at catching. Someone at work even said once, "You don't catch badly - for a girl." I took that as praise.

Though TheBloke (TM) is convinced I catch with crocodile hands.

He was trying to prove to me earlier that I don't catch well. This was complicated by the fact I was lying down at the time and he was lobbing a tennis ball at me. It's very hard to catch a ball when you're lying down. I fumbled it. I dropped it. Twice. TheBloke (TM) laughed. I tried to explain to him that it was the angle that was making things difficult for me. The ball was coming straight towards me, whilst I was lying down. Which was apparently when I uttered the now infamous line:

"The gravity was going in the wrong direction."

I wonder how long before the English cricket team starts using that excuse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well he obviously threw it poorly. It's always the throw that's important, not the catch. Everyone knows that.