About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Holy communion

I sometimes give something up for Lent. Not for religious reasons because I don't believe in getting into arguments about whose imaginary friend is better, but forty days and forty nights is a good length of time to try living without something to see if you miss it... and also has a clearly defined stop date for starting again. Unlike New Year's Resolutions.

So this year, I decided to give something up for Lent. And, as a teetotaler... I decided to give up not drinking.

Except I kept forgetting to drink, or kept offering to drive. My wildest excess involved three vodka and cokes (singles) in one night. I had two glasses of wine one evening. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful. Which doesn't make a great Plog, but shows how I really don't miss alcohol that much. I did manage to avoid hangovers, which was great... but actually, through not drinking, I pretty much avoid hangovers anyway.

I like the idea of giving up something you don't do for Lent, but am a bit scuppered as to next year. I don't really want to give up not smoking, or not injecting heroin between my toes. So if you've got any suggestions for something I can give up not doing, that would be much appreciated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about trying not speling corectly not using punctuation and not using grammar right

nice kate x

ps its very liberating

Anonymous said...

I would of thought that's a great idea!!

Laura said...

Stop it, all of you. It hurts my eyes!

L x

Anonymous said...

Nice Kate - we talked about this. Behave! There is 'liberating' and there is 'wrong'.

A Damocletian detention is hanging over you young lady!

RSN