About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, July 21, 2008

Wotsit all about?

I've Plogged about this before, and I'll Plog about it again. I think I have a worrying addiction to Cheesy Wotsits. Originally I'd only buy them when they were on special offer (and indeed they are this week at Sainsbury's - buy one multipack, get one free - bargain)... but now it's become a weekly purchase, often a daily consumable. Sometimes a twice-daily consumable. I'm not sure this is good for me.

Whilst my increasingly grown-up friends are extolling the values of home-delivered organic vegetable boxes to ensure the correct pesticide-free quota of their "five a day", I'm lucky if I manage five pieces of fruit or veg a week. Wotsits, on the other hand, I'm managing admirably with, you'll be pleased to know. Should there ever be a regional Wotsit-eating contest, please do let me know, as I think I might be in with a chance.

Colleagues think I've taken up smoking as my fingers are almost always a luxuriant orange colour.

I have been known to physically wrestle in the flat for the last Wotsit / packet of Wotsits. My behaviour has reached unacceptable levels.

I am going away to think about what I've done. But first I'm just going to pop quickly to the kitchen...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1290851.ece

I watched the tv programme the other day about the girl who's lived off Wotsits and chocolate all her life and is apparently very healthy, just embarassed. So don't you worry.

Nice Kate x

Anonymous said...

I have three words for you.

Marks & Spencer Cheese Tasters

Ok, that was four.

They're exactly like wotsits only a little bigger, with no colours/preservatives/flavourings and are so delicious I consumed 9 bags in one week a few weeks back until my poo was orange and I told myself to stop, STOP STOP!

They're infinitely superior. Get thyself in there and purchase.

Laura said...

Nice Kate - that child looks positively fat. Then again, if your main meal each day is Rice Krispies covered in melted chocolate... Hang on a minute, she's living my ideal life!

Cathy - I was impressed by M&S's Quavers rip offs (Cheese Curls?) last week, so perhaps will sample the Cheese Tasters. I can't afford to get addicted though. Credit crunch and all that.

L x