About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Third Annual Barbecue Extravaganza

The TABE. Oh, the TABE.

The Third Annual Barbecue Extravaganza. What more can I say? Planned for Saturday, so Erica and Dean duly arrived. I was mid-cake-making. These things happen. Luckily they are tolerant people and withstood the cake-making on condition they could help with the cake sampling later.

Sadly, the weather on Saturday was somewhere between, "Ooh, the sky looks a bit threatening, doesn't it?" and "Jesus Christ, it's freezing." So, whilst the sun didn't shine, we chose not to make hay, and instead went to the cinema to see Journey to the Centre of the Earth in 3D. It was very silly and exactly what was prescribed for a chilly July Saturday. I even managed to follow the plot all by myself without any help from Erica at all.

We also went bowling. It looks like my skill at Wii bowling doesn't directly transfer into real-life bowling, which is a shame. On hearing we'd been real-life bowling, TheBloke (TM) asked Erica and Dean if I'd killed anyone this time. That's unfair. I didn't kill anyone last time. And really, you shouldn't let a toddler stand behind a bowling lane. You can't always choose accurately whether to roll it forwards or backwards.

So the TABE was postponed until Sunday. And lo, it was glorious. The sun shone, the barbecue lit. Dean didn't even cry this time. TheBloke (TM) and Dean did, however, get into a rather pointless competition of "who can stand closer to a squirrel". There was Pimms ("there were Pimms"? Is Pimms plural? Actually, I can answer that one. There were definitely plural Pimms.). There were sausages. There were burgers. There was even chocolate orange drizzle cake.

To commemorate the success, we took a photo. It looks like a slightly aged version of Dawson's Creek. Still, we had fun.

Roll on the FABE!

No comments: