About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, February 26, 2007

Spark(ie)s flying

1.30 arrived yesterday. I was pissed off with the electrician. Not only had he rescheduled on me, he was now 30 minutes late on his own estimate. I called again. Laura is not a girl who gets stood up without a fight.

"Hello, can I speak to Liam please?" I asked.

"Liam can't get to his phone at the moment," said the guy at the other end. This was clearly bollocks because I'd called Liam's mobile.

"Well, I was hoping someone could tell me what was going on. Liam promised he'd be here at ten, then promised again that he'd be here at one. And now it's half past one and I'd just like to know where he is."

"He's been in an accident."

"Oh," said I. It seemed like an appropriate response.

"He's had an accident, so he can't come today." said Liam's friend. Or maybe his dad. I don't know. It didn't seem the right moment to ask for a clarification of their relationship.

"Is he OK?" I asked.

"Not really, no. We're all at the hospital. He's broken his leg."

"Oh dear. I hope he gets better soon. Bye."

I broke the electrician. That's got to be expensive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you fell for that one! You should have insisted on knowing which hospital and gone to check for yourself. I bet his leg's fine! :o)
H x

Anonymous said...

Do you think they'll fuse the bones in his leg?

Laura said...

Mr Hunt... very funny!

Hazel - so cynical! What happened to my blonde, sweet trusting friend? ;o)

L x

Anonymous said...

I'm still blonde, last time I checked :o) H x