About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Bang, gig, cat. Good.

I was in the bath at my parents' house. A bath is a luxury for me, as I only have a shower cubicle, and even that is broken. I was luxuriating in my Sanctuary-product-filled oasis of calm.


"BANG," went a big banging noise.


"What was that?" called I, from the bath. Everyone ignored me. "What was that bang?" I asked. Everyone continued to ignore me. My parents are gits.


I returned to my soapy heaven. The doorbell rang. Someone answered it. "Oh dear," I heard my mum say. "Oh dear." I got out of the bath.


An 85 year-old man stood at the doorstep. At 30 miles an hour he'd driven directly into Dad's parked car. His wife was still in the car, and was injured.


So, by 9 a.m. yesterday morning, the Nunn house was the scene of two fire engines, an ambulance, a paramedic car and three police officers. Luckily no-one was seriously hurt. But perhaps the most worrying thing was that the old woman kept saying, "I just didn't see the car!" This would have been understandable... had she been driving. We have a nasty supsicion that her husband is almost completely blind, and she was guiding him left and right. Clearly, "Mind that fucking huge Volkswagen Passat!" wasn't in her vocabulary.


Did a nice (but slightly odd) gig last night for Knuts Club near Peterborough: http://www.knuts-club.co.uk/nextshow.htm. My favourite part was a brilliant guitarist / singer they had called James Chadwick. Look out for him. He's fab. Here is his website: http://www.james-chadwick.co.uk/index.htm.


And for those of you who didn't believe me - here's the shop I was telling you about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I doubted you. And for that, I atone. I must confess I had no idea AIDS was in the cat kingdom. Is it time for cat condoms ?

Ah, Peterborough. I know it well. Sadly.

Sara said...

There were firemen and emergency vehicles all over my street this weekend too. A house fire 5 doors down from me (row homes!). Thankfully my house was not affected; although I wasn't allowed in from 2-5pm! Then my electricity was out until 6pm. Did I mention that the temerature is about 20F in Philadelphia at the moment - not a time you want your heat to not be on!
It made the local news, but of course us neightbors have no clue what happened!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura
Just in case you have still not worked out what the shop sells (as you didn't know in your previous blog), it quite clearly says "RSPCA shop" on the front. Therefore, it obviously sells RSPCA's! Durh!
:o) H xx