About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bob the Builder

Mr Nunn has been visiting this weekend. Whenever Mr Nunn visits, I like to imprison him in the flat, and make him do all the odd jobs I can't do / can't be arsed to do by myself. Mr Nunn is a good worker. This weekend he:

  • Drove me to Ikea
  • Carried a bookshelf upstairs and put it together for me
  • Stopped my sofa bed from squeaking
  • Bought me flowers from Columbia Road flower market, chocolate and a new shower radio
  • Did the washing up

Am thinking that he is quite good and I could possibly put him to work on a more permanent basis. This might mean that I needn't pay a cleaner. In fact, Mr Nunn is pretty cheap to run - a danish pastry and a few cups of tea saw him through most of the weekend. Mr Nunn never gets to see London when he visits me. Instead, he gets to roam freely round my one-bedroomed flat, like a caged tiger. I occasionally let him out so that he can buy me stuff.

I could even start hiring him out. He hasn't heard about any of this yet. Better not tell him. I think it's a smashing business idea though, in this modern age of single-parent families: rent-a-dad.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Can I pass that hint on to my dad? I think he missed the handy-man dad memo! I can't complain too much, he has helped when I ask. Trouble is, my lazy bum brother who lives with me isn't handy at all!!!

Anonymous said...

Dad told me he doesn't love you any more because you want to hire him out

Laura said...

Hmmm... that Anonymous looks brother-shaped to me.

I was first-born because they saw us both in the shop and liked me better. They only got you as an afterthought, and because the second one was cheaper as it could have all my cast-offs.

Enjoying the Astra?

L x

Anonymous said...

Very clever title! :o)
H x

Anonymous said...

hey, i didn't write that actually...

and i wasn't going to tell you this but:

the other day mum actually said to me ' i love you, you're my favourite'

ask her, she can't deny it!

BJ