About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, February 19, 2007

Smashing similes

My home is bedecked with flowers. It is bestrewn. It is befestooned. Shakespeare made up loads of words, so I can too if I want. First recorded use of the word "elbow". Shakespeare, that is, not me.

I have tulips. I have daffodils. OK, that is all of the flowers I have, but they are lovelier than Hugh Grant covered in whipped cream. Well, lovely in a different way. Try again. They are lovelier than a really cute kitten, wearing a knitted pink jacket. Kind of.

They're good anyway.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alliteration too :O)
H x

Anonymous said...

Glad you are befestooned! - and I think that anonymous comment on your last plog was mum-shaped!
Enjoy!

RSN

Anonymous said...

i prefer hyacnth hyacinth

Anonymous said...

Why so many flowers? Did you get them cheap after Valentines Day...?

:op

I got flowers. Boast, boast. You have to look after them a lot, don't you? But not as much as a puppy so I suppose I should be grateful.

Laura said...

Went to the flower market with my dad last weekend. He bought me flowers. Still no pony though. Am working on this.

L x

PS Obviously thousands of Valentine's flowers too, but I gave most of those to the orphanage.

Anonymous said...

What do orphans want flowers for? You have no parents, but here, i'm sure some flowers will make it all better. Meanie! H x