About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, February 16, 2007

I did swears

Tiring couple of days. Been at a work conference (well, technically two work conferences), and there were so many genuinely comedy moments, but unfortunately, owing to professionalism (yawn), it's really better that I keep them to myself.

Even though one of them is so hilarious that I'm practically having to sit on my fingers to prevent myself from typing it.

Today I had to present to a conference room of about 250 people. "But Laura," you might say, "you've done this before. It's like a large comedy audience. This time you don't even have to make them laugh. Why would you worry?" Well, when I'm doing a comedy gig, it doesn't matter too much if I accuse the guy in the front row of being a cunt. Owing to some old, stuffy rules on etiquette, apparently that's not the "done thing" at a corporate banking conference. Some people are so picky.

Luckily, that particular eventuality didn't occur, though I think I might have said "git". Is "git" rude? I don't know. If I have a P45 on Monday, we should have a definitive answer.

And why, why would I say "git" in a work presentation? Oh well, better than "flange" or "moist", I suppose. Still, there's always next year.

Plans for the weekend mostly include unconsciousness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you just trying to increase your google-analytics by finding some way to incorporate these words in to your blog?
H xx