About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Air mail

Yesterday a dearth in Plogging, today an overwhelming richness. Now I'm not usually one for topical Plogging, but have a look at this:

http://tinyurl.com/ys6mog

In case that doesn't work in a few months' time, the basis of the story is that someone (person unknown) has been posting live budgies through the letterbox of an optician in Hertfordshire. My two favourite quotations are as follows:

"Last year, the same shop and the nearby Bourne Beauty beauticians had budgies posted through their letterboxes. "

This is reported in a matter-of-fact way, as though it's no big surprise to anyone that budgies are posted through a letterbox on an annual basis. My other favourite quotation is:

"We have no idea why anyone would do this, but whoever it is should stop."

Genius. You can imagine that one working brilliantly.

BUDGIE POSTER: Aha! Here is my bag full of budgies, all ready for posting through the opticians' and then the beautician next door! Aha! My plan is so masterful. I bet they will love my big bag of tweeting goodness. But hang on a minute. What's this? On the BBC website? Oh they think that whoever's posting the budgies should stop. How strange. Perhaps they don't like my brilliant budgie gift after all! Shocking! But in that case I absolutely, definitely won't post any more budgies. Good...

... Though I wonder how they feel about chaffinches? They didn't expressly say no chaffinches, did they? I bet they'd like my chaffinchy present...


I even avoided a weak joke about Shredded Tweet. Are you proud of me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always proud when you avoid an awful awful pun.

I am rarely proud of you. :op

Sara said...

Maybe the Budgie Poster is also a Budgie Smuggler!?!?!
Check out some of my Australia pics on facebook/myspace it will become clear that the meaning of "Budgie Smuggler" is very different in Oz... think guys in speedos ;)