About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Red Faced-book

Dear Lord, help us all. Mr and Mrs Nunn are on Facebook.

At first I wasn't too worried. Mrs Nunn can barely operate a lightswitch, and Mr Nunn can usually find better things to do with his time. The damage potential was limited. Or so I thought.

Yesterday evening, I get a phone call. It is Mrs Nunn.

"Laura - what are you plotting and scheming about?"

"Sorry, what do you mean?" I ask.

"Your Facebook status. It says, 'Laura Nunn is plotting and scheming'. What are you plotting?"

"Nothing," I tell Mrs Nunn, quite truthfully. "Sometimes I can't think of anything to put in the status box. Last week it said 'Laura Nunn is a lumberjack and she's OK'. It doesn't mean anything."

"You're lying," says Mrs Nunn. "I can always tell when you're lying."

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are. You're plotting something. Or scheming. Probably both. Anyway," continues Mrs Nunn, "I've got some lovely baby photos that your Dad's going to scan in and tag for you on Facebook. There's a great one of you naked on a potty with your fat little face all beaming..."

I have nightmares that start like this.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Aren't there access limits on facebook to stop parents being nosey... whoops... I mean interested in their child's life?
Haha... Can't wait 'til they scan pics of you in your rabbit costume for Alice ;)

Anonymous said...

LAURA!!!!!! You're giving my parents ideas - STOP IT!!!

H xx