About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Not-so-super market

I'm going to be honest with you. I don't cook very often. I'm going to be more honest with you. I rarely ever cook. I probably defrost either a pizza or a microwave meal a couple of times a week, and if I happen to be around on a weekend, I might attempt an omelette or an easy-peasy spaghetti bolognaise. If I'm bored and have butter, I might make some chocolate chip cookies to take into work for my colleagues. The rest of the time I tend to eat out. There. I've admitted it.

OK, it means my monthly expenditure on restaurants is pretty high, but the plus side is that I only have to go to the supermarket about once every three weeks... and often spend less than a tenner.

My local supermarket is Sainsbury's, and currently they're refurbishing. They've already done the car-park, and I had a leaflet from them a few weeks ago saying they were going to be closed between 10-18 October to put their finishing touches to their "improved" store (i.e. more expensive and fewer car-park spaces). Still, this was only nine days. I can easily go for a month between supermarket visits. Besides which, I work opposite a Sainsbury's and live two minutes' walk from a Costcutter. It wouldn't be a problem.

Fuck me if I haven't wanted to go to Sainsbury's every single day since the 10th of October. Of course, it's for totally urgent things like sour cream and chive dip, Hula Hoops and Innocent Smoothie. The sort of things a girl simply can't get through the week without. And it's another FIVE days until they open again. And I'm OUT that night. Will the ridiculous cruelty of my life never end?

No comments: