About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Anger management

Angry Cockney in the flat below is being angry again. This is what he does best, and how he earned his (fabulously witty) nickname.

I think he is a taxi driver by trade, which explains a) the fact that he watches TV at top volume at four in the morning and b) the black cab I often see him driving.

He seems to be angry all the time. Once I heard him having a full-blown row about batteries for the remote. Most of the time it's a hectoring tone though... "And anyway, I said to him that he couldn't go on doing that and he ONLY did. I was going all up and down looking for it and IT'S RIDICULOUS." I'm putting in my own words, because all I can hear is the muffled rise and fall of his very angry voice, unless I have my windows open.

I wonder if he genuinely does get high blood pressure at things like running out of toothpaste or finding out he's got odd socks on. It must be a very stressful lifestyle. It really sounds like my own personal (slightly muffled) episode of Eastenders.

On which note, I will regale you with my favourite Islington anecdote. Now, Islington is a real mixture of very posh and very rough. Wandering through the market one winter's day, I heard one woman (who would probably fall into the latter category), talking to her friend, who demographically I think would also be in this section. I believe the exact phrase was:

"And I told her, I did. I said if she facking did that a-facking-gain, I'd kick her in the facking cunt."

It made me giggle for at least ten minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So why can't we vote on one from the past? How can you vote on something you haven't yet read - unless you are going to judge a plog by its title??

So he wasn't the dentist who died?!

Wibble

RSN