About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Air rage

Yes, yes, yes. I have been a rubbish blogger. This is a familiar refrain. However, I have been Very Busy Indeed.

On Wednesday I was up at 4.30 a.m. to go up to Edinburgh for work, and didn't get back until Thursday afternoon. I was up again at 6 a.m. on Thursday to get an early morning flight back to London City. I say "early monrning" - actually my 9 a.m. flight from Edinburgh Airport departed somewhere around midday. You've got to love BA. This time it was fog. As I've said before, if you can land in the dark, why the buggery bollocks can't you land when there's a bit of cloud? Also, presumably sometimes it's foggy up in the air - you can't see a bleeding thing, yet, miraculously, the planes don't drop out of the sky. I think it's an excuse for the staff to have a piss up. "At 9 a.m.?" I hear you ask. "This is Scotland," I would reply. "It is actually illegal not to be drunk by midday."

Then, most likely, I would get taken off the plane for talking to myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd want tobe drunk by midday too if you had to live in Scotland.

(I make this comment never having been to Scotland, I'm just being randomly country-ist)

Anonymous said...

I have been to Scotland...once. I couldn't find the 'house' I was supposed to be staying in. I went into (correct use)? the local pub and asked for directions. The pointed me towards the drunk in the corner and said he'll direct you - it's his parents' house. I said isn't he a little drunk to be driving anywhere? They said that he'd probably not get caught since he was THE policeman for the village...!
H x

Laura said...

What were you doing in Scotland, Hazel? Were you trying to find Christchurch again?

;o)

L x