About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Frosty reception


I have found an infallible way of judging people. In many years' time, I will be lauded as a great... judger.
If you suspect a colleague or friend of being a bit stuck up, I have discovered one - just one - question that will reveal if they are indeed a spoiled brat. Are you ready? Here goes.

"When you were a child, did you have a Mr Frosty?"

If they reply positively, you can be 100% sure you are dealing with a spoiled individual who probably deserves to be shot.

"But Laura," you might say, "that sounds a bit harsh."
"Harsh but fair," I would reply - and rightly so.

Mr Frosty was the toy that everyone wanted for Christmas, but no-one ever got. I'm not sure if that was because it was expensive, or just (probably accurately) considered plasticky crap. But the only people who owned a Mr Frosty were - without exception - spoilt fuckers.

So - for those of you a bit younger (or a bit older), what was a Mr Frosty? It was genius. It was a plastic snowman. You put ice in his head, twirled his hat around, and crushed ice would come out of his stomach. You would then use Percy the Penguin (included) who was full of red stuff (raspberry? I don't know. I never had one) to dribble flavouring into your crushed ice. Brilliant!

When I suspect someone might be a tosser at work now, all I have to ask them is whether or not they had a Mr Frosty. If they say, "No, but I always wanted one!" then they're on your side. If they say, "Yes, I had a Mr Frosty and an A La Carte Kitchen," then you know you are dealing with a tosser of the highest order.

If they had a Mr Frosty and an A La Carte Kitchen and yet delegated playing with them to someone else, then they're probably management.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a Mr Frosty. It was rubbish.

Laura said...

Oh, that's such a typical comment from someone who had a Mr Frosty.

"My pony was crap too. Mummy and Daddy were useless."

;o)

L x

AH NZ Adventure said...

Well Laura - what a day to start reading your blog again! I have been unable to read it for a while, but today I decided to see what you are up to and it turns out you are abusing me and my kind! I had a Mister Frosty! He didn't look quite like the one in the picture, but I had one none-the-less.

You are one mark away from being crossed off my 'must visit' list for when I come to England! Luckily (or unluckily if you don't like me now you know I had a mr frosty) for you, it is harder to get off my list than just one strike, but be warned....