About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, May 26, 2008

De-Frostied

OK, well, from the comments it would seem that everyone apart from me had a Mr Frosty. I don't care.

My friend Elinor phoned me (so twentieth century) to tell me that she didn't have a Mr Frosty. But she also never wanted one. I imagine Elinor was more into hand-carved wooden toys than plastic Fisher Price crap. She is a lady of taste and discretion.

Unlike me. I wanted a Mr Frosty. Part of me still does. My dad was upset on reading the Plog, clearly worried that one of my childhood whims had passed him by, and I'd probably hold it against him forever. Yeah, Dad. You're right to feel guilty. And, whilst you're scouring eBay for a genuine 1980s' Mr Frosty, you might want to get your arse in gear and buy me a pony too.

Excellent. I love having the Plog. It's a wish-list and grumble-board all at once.

Mr Frosties can be sent to the usual address.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever the feck this cheap plastic imposter plastered all over the internet is, it isn't the real Mr Frosty. There is only one picture on the entire internet of the real Mr Frosty that I can find at the minute.

(At the what?)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/164/404091195_de571e8b50.jpg?v=0

The triple ice lolly holder is still the same, though. I remember that in our chest freezer well into the 1990s. The blue barrel ice crusher bit in the middle was basically a cheese grater for ice and was, as you suspect, more than a bit shit.

(Do you remember the red plastic Cadburys chocolate vending machines that you had to put 2p in? They were ACE.)

Anonymous said...

Obviously I'm a failure... again!

RSN

Laura said...

Ah - that's the Mr Frosty I remember!

Good work.

And I never had a Cadbury's dispenser either. Beginning to think my childhood was shit.

Damn "quality time" and "reading together". I wanted something made of plastic, preferably crammed with additives.

L x