About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, May 12, 2008

Loser

Greetings from Manchester, Ploggers!

I have been to Manchester several times before, and I have always liked it. The first time I came, I saw someone get stabbed in the head outside McDonalds. Believe it or not, that evening I changed my UCAS form, to include Manchester for my university applications.

I arrived early enough and the weather was nice enough for me to have a potter around Manchester's city centre. And when I saw "potter", obviously I mean "get totally and utterly lost". I found the city centre with ease, following the receptionist's directions of, "Go straight on. Keep going straight on. Go straight on a bit more, and you're there." Somehow, on coming back, walking in a straight line led me to an unusual alcove of Manchester Piccadily Station where people looked a bit shifty. Perhaps they were lost too.

Being lost in new and interesting places is a kind of feature of my life. Once I got lost in the car park at Safeway in Loughborough. I don't want to talk about it.

Right, I am off for a bath, with a side serving of misogyny from Mr Dahl. Not many people can say that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how did you get lost in the car park? I know how you can get shut in the store but that's a differant story...

retard


BJ