About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Gifted

Things I have genuinely never possessed:

  • A brand new car
  • A pony
  • A penthouse appartment in Covent Garden
  • A timeshare property in South Africa
  • A million pounds
  • A pet cat that doesn't make my friends sneeze and can look after itself whilst I'm away with work. And clean the flat.
  • A pet dog that walks itself, picks up its own mess and enjoys its own company. It would also need to feed itself like the cat.
  • A pocket-sized genie offering me three wishes, but failing to stipluate that I couldn't use the third wish for more wishes.

Just thought I'd let you know. Because a miracle has recently occurred. No sooner did I post my shameful list of "things I really haven't read" on the Internet, and salvation came. Nice Kate came to stay with me last night, and she brought me exciting gifts - 1984, The Mill on the Floss (now I might find out what a "floss" is) and Great Expectations.

It was lovely x 20 to see Nice Kate, who selfishly lives in Glasgow, so I don't get to see her as often as I'd like. As you can see, the next house guest now has a lot to live up to. With this in mind, I hope the above list is helpful. Erica, I believe you're here next weekend?

3 comments:

AH NZ Adventure said...

In the good old days you used to be an excellent host and serve your guests, not expect gifts! (Maybe I was just a bad guest).

Anyway, your special bacon sandwiches are still the best I've ever had ;o)
I'll work on the genie for you...

P.s Is the other Kate aware that you have a 'nice Kate' and has she figured out what that makes her?

Anonymous said...

Well now Hazel has got me wondering what these special bacon butties are - and have I ever been honoured enough to receive one?

Laura said...

Nice Kate likes the bacon butties too. I believe they were instrumental in reversing her vegetarianism.

Bacon butties included as standard in the Chez Laura B&B rates.

No comment on the "other Kate" issue... :o)