About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Nightmares

Ooh, did you see The Apprentice last night? Did you, did you? I'm not a big fan of reality TV - no time for Big Brother, Wife Swap, Celebrity Swap, Celebrities who have Brothers and also live on a Love Island - just not my thing.

But The Apprentice I did rather like. At the end of last week's episode, I was cursing the TV execs: "Clearly the two girls are the best candidates, but they're never going to let two girls go to the final. They'll insist it's more balanced. One of each. A gender war."

I think I did a little dance when both the girls got into the final. Thing was, I couldn't decide who I wanted to win. Michelle I really liked because she was unassuming and just got on with stuff, none of that "Look at me" rubbish. And Ruth I liked because she was truthful and direct, and a bit of an underdog.

I won't spoil it for people, but I think I'd have been happy to see either of them win. Which kind of ruins the point of a contest really. I'm such a Libran.

Not sure if it's connected but last night I dreamed I was running a young enterprise company, making rubbish frienship bracelets. I was trying to sell them to a big department store, when suddenly protesters threw bombs through the window and the glass exploded all around me. I had to go to A&E to get shards of glass taken out of my back.

Then later on in the dream, I was in an horrific lift accident with my friend Erica. All I could think was how ironic it was that I'd survived the glass attack (in which several little-known comedians had a sticky end. Not sure what they were doing in John Lewis in the perfume department, but there you go), to meet my untimely demise in a lift. Turns out though, that I survived the lift accident, and had to go and waitress at a garden fete, dressed as a Swiss milkmaid. These things happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did they make you yodel while you were dressed as a swiss milkmaid?

AH NZ Adventure said...

I'm still available for saving lives in dreams Laura, you just have to give me more notice as it will take me longer to get there! H xx