About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bus-king

"Arriving at destination," Jessica informed me authoritatively. We were in an underground car park. In Southend. In a bus lane. Now, I may not be the best navigator in the world, but even I could tell that this wasn't the high-spec office location I was actually heading for.

I tried a nearby postcode. Jessica was having none of it. "Location does not exist. You have arrived at destination."

"But, Jessica," I remonstrated. "Jessica, this is an underground car park. In Southend. And I'm in a bus lane." Jessica had the last word: "Lost satellite reception."

The buses flashed their bus-lights at me. A driver tutted disdainfully. I tried to be disdainful back, but probably just looked a bit gormless.

Eventually a man called John had to drive down from the office and collect me, like a naughty child who's wandered off at the supermarket.

It was embarrassing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you told John that Jessica TOLD you to do it. And you always do what Jessica says.

He might give you some long term sick leave. That'd be nice. Just in time for summer.

Anonymous said...

Don't call your Sat Nav 'Jessica' because it is girly.

Laura said...

Jessica IS very girly though. And she's a bit prim and proper sounding, and very bossy. I'd put money on the fact that she was head girl at her school. Yes, "Jessica" is the perfect name for her.