About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Lauraborough

"Those Cancer Research shops are a con," said Dean.

"I know," I said. Because I did know.

"I went in one once. They didn't even have a lab. Just old people selling jumpers. They'll never cure cancer like that."

He's right.

Erica, however, used to work in a British Heart Foundation shop, and assured us that they keep all the hearts out at the back. The front is for jumpers and the back's for hearts.

Said Cancer Research shop was in Peterborough, where I had a gig last night. Slightly odd event, where they had a raffle in the interval... the prize for which was to read a poem out loud on stage. This didn't seem to faze the folk of Peterborough, who seemed most interested by the fact that the first line of the first limerick didn't scan properly.

However, who is Peter? And why does he get his own borough? Lauraborough. Has a ring to it.

No comments: